- Toy safety is a major issue for us! Some effort is required to ensure the compliance with important EU regulations during the entire production process of a toy. But exactly what actually happens? Learn here how we ensure toy safety for every article!
- Nothing is more important to us than offering safe toys that you can sell to your customers with a good conscience! We assure that our product range only contains safe toys– you can depend on it. But what exactly does that mean? What exactly makes our toys so safe? We’ll be happy to tell you!
- It is important that the toy meets the requirements for toy safety during the entire production process. To guarantee this, the manufacturer must evaluate the toy design, classify the materials used as safe and conduct tests from time to time.
From the first draft to the finished product, the objective is to comply with all EU regulations. Our TÜV (German technical inspectorate)-certified employees from the Quality Management department will take care of that. They have extensive specialist knowledge in the area of product and toy safety. The certificate „Certified specialist for toy safety“ of the TÜV Rheinland AG certifies this. The toys are also externally tested by an independent testing institute.
- There are compulsory safety tests with which dangers are to be determined and risks minimised. Does the toy have sharp edges or corners? Even with more demanding test methods, no dangerous small parts result? Are the seam
s strong enough that the content such as foam cannot escape? Are plastic parts large enough that they are no longer considered to be small parts? That and a great deal more is tested for each toy.
- The suppliers are especially important for the production of a product. In the process, our focus is , for example, on the materials and their requirements: Is the compliance with regulations ensured and verifiable? Only then does the supplier continue to be our supplier.
- Just as we assume the responsibility for the manufacturing of our products, we naturally also expect from our partners and suppliers that they carry out their tasks conscientiously. That’s why we demand compliance with social standards according to BSCI and ICTI from everyone. Important contents of the International Council of Toy Industries (ICTI) certificate are compliance for a fair, safe and healthy working environment and an increase in the transparency of wages and working times. The most important principles in the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) certificate include securing of decent working conditions of the employees who manufacture the goods and compliance with the codex by the suppliers and subcontractors.
- In the course of the business relationship, it is important to conduct new spot checks. Only in this way it can be ensured that all regulations are actually complied with. And that’s why our partners personally drive together with the employees from Purchasing twice a year to the production sites to see if everything is OK there.
- Shortly before production of the desired product, the toy sample must be checked exactly: Is it designed correctly and have all applicable regulations and requirements been complied with? Improvements, corrections or changes can be made if necessary. Whatever does not match our many years of experience with regard to function and safety suitable for children, is not added to our product line! We’re resolute about that!
- To ensure the conformity of the toy for large-scale production, it is important, for example, to check every 50th toy according to all criteria. Random samples are also taken following production. Only then does the product leave our warehouse.
- When everything has been thoroughly tested, it is important to prepare an EC declaration of conformity. With it the manufacturer confirms that the toy just produced/tested meets all applicable safety requirements and the manufacturer assumes the responsibility for the conformity of the toy. As all our toys meet the strict European guidelines of the standard EN 71, we prepare a separate declaration of conformity for each product. You require this certificate? Just ask us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a result, you can sell our products with a clear conscience, as of course our toys comply with all European and German regulations and safety guidelines. The safety of children has top priority for us!
- You would like to obtain even more details? You will find a great deal more information on the topic of quality management and toy safety at our online shop. For example, you can view everything about warnings, age recommendations, materials, sustainability and a whole lot more online: http://www.legler-online.com/en/qualitaet